Cryptowatch Integration with Zapier
The Cryptowatch integration with Zapier allows you to use any Zapier trigger and action to programmatically place an order through any of the supported trading exchanges on Cryptowat.ch.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps such as Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1,000 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks, like saving attachments or contacts from emails, with just a few clicks - no coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
What can I do with the Cryptowatch integration with Zapier?
The initial launch of the Cryptowatch integration with Zapier will allow you to send a trade order to any of Cryptowatch’s supported exchanges using any Zapier trigger action. This action can be based on either a set recurring time period (great for recurring buys) or another of Zapier’s thousands of integrations with other apps, like email or messaging services. Here are a few examples of what you can do:
- Recurring buys on multiple exchanges: Buy bitcoin on any of the 8 supported Cryptowatch exchanges every other week on Wednesday at 9am.
- Buy or sell by sending an email: Buy bitcoin every time I receive an email to my gmail account with the phrase “Buy BTC”
- Follow your favorite Crypto Twitter talking heads: Enter a Buy or Sell order when a certain Twitter user sends a tweet - or when they send one with a certain key term or hashtag.
With Zapier’s breadth of integrations, the options are endless and limited only by your creativity.
How do I get started?
To use the Zapier integration, you must have a Pro Account as well as a Zapier account.
Steps within Cryptowatch:
- Within Cryptowatch, generate a set of Cryptowat.ch API keys here (https://cryptowat.ch/account/api-access). Ensure that when this set of keys is created, the “Read Only” box is Unchecked, as this is checked by default upon creation. The Integration will not work if this step is not completed.
- Ensure you have at least 1 exchange connected to Cryptowatch, and that the exchange API keys you entered have trading permissions. These permissions are set within your account on each exchange, not on Cryptowatch. Without exchange keys that have trading permissions entered in Cryptowatch, the Zapier integration will not work. Enter exchange API keys here.
How to set up a Cryptowatch Action within Zapier:
- Log in or create a new account at https://zapier.com.
- Once a Zapier account is created, click here (https://zapier.com/developer/public-invite/20161/b512284d0ebbe2e29df1f61cf1ffc3a2/) to access and accept the invite to the Zapier App.
- Return to the Zapier dashboard screen (https://zapier.com/app/dashboard) and click “Make a Zap”
- Choose a Trigger based off of Zapier’s built in app functions (such as scheduler) or choose from one of thousands of supported thirty party apps (such as Gmail). Follow the steps to configure your trigger.
- Now we need to add the Action that will complete when the Trigger occurs. Click on “Add a Step” and search for Cryptowatch. Click the app and complete the prompts to set up your desired Cryptowatch action.
- Sit back and let your Zapier app run.